Concurrent Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education Intermediate/Senior
- Nipissing University
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education, BSc/BEd
- OUAC Program Code
- Grade Range
- Experiential Learning
- Practicum or internship option available
- Open enrollment
- Instruction Language
- 1 of MCV4U or MHF4U
Environmental Biology and Technology:
- 1 of MCV4U, MHF4U or SPH4U
- 1 other 4U math
- 1 of SBI4U, SCH4U or SPH4U
Environment and Physical Geography:
- 4U Math
- 1 of SCH4U or SPH4U
- 1 of SBI4U, SCH4U or SPH4U
- 1 of SCH4U or SPH4U
Additional Admission Criteria
Minimum 70% in ENG4U/EAE4U/NBE4U and 60% in 3U/M math.
English-Language Proficiency Requirements
All applicants to Nipissing University undergraduate degree programs (excluding BEd) from countries where the dominant language of instruction is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English for admission consideration.
Permanent Resident applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English. Permanent Resident applicants whose first language is not English but who have lived at least 3 years in Canada, or in a country where English is the dominant language, may be exempt.
Applicants can demonstrate proficiency in 1 of the following ways:
- Completion of 3 or more consecutive years of full-time education in English within Canada immediately prior to attending Nipissing University.
- Completion of 3 or more consecutive years of full-time education in English in a country other than Canada where English is the dominant language. These years must be immediately prior to attending Nipissing University.
- Achieve the required proficiency level on 1 of the following tests of English-language proficiency:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum score of 83 (iBT) with a minimum score of 20 in Reading, Listening and Writing, and a minimum score of 22 in Speaking. The Nipissing University TOEFL institution code is #3614.
- International English Language Test Service (IELTS): Minimum overall band score of 6.5 with no band below 6.5.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: Minimum overall score of 58 with a minimum score of 58 in each section.
- Completion of an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma with a minimum score of 5 or better in HL or SL English A: Literature or HL or SL English A: Language and Literature.
- Graduate from a regionally accredited US secondary school and achieve a minimum score of 4 or better in Advanced Placement (AP) English Language & Composition or English Literature & Composition.
- Achieve a minimum grade of B in GCSE, IGCSE or GCE Ordinary Level English Literature or English Language, a minimum grade of C in GCE A Level or AS Level or AICE or CAPE English or English Language, or a minimum score of M3 in Cambridge Pre-U English.
- Achieve a minimum score of 75% or better in the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate (ISSC) Core or Functional English or the Indian School Certificate (ISC) English, issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
Applicants who have met all of Nipissing University’s admission requirements – except for the English-language proficiency requirement – can enroll in an EAP program. Applicants who enroll in 1 of the following programs will receive a conditional offer of admission. By successfully completing the program level indicated below, applicants can begin their studies at Nipissing University without further testing.
UOIT English Language Centre: Level 5
AYJ Global EAP Program: Highest Level
Brock University’s Intensive English Language Program: Level 5
Canadian as a Second Language Institute (CSLI): Advanced Level 10
Capital English Solutions: College/University Preparation Course (CUPIC)
CultureWorks: Level 7
Applicants who have successfully completed EAP programs associated with other Canadian universities and obtained that university’s minimum level for admission consideration may also be considered to have met Nipissing University’s English-language proficiency requirement.
Alternatively, Nipissing University may enter into an agreement with a Languages Canada accredited program/school to offer such services on its campus, with similar minimum levels of proficiency.
Offers of Admission for Ontario High School Students
Basic Requirements for Admission
Admission decisions are made on evidence of enrollment in 4U/M grades (midterm/interim and/or final), including required courses. The minimum average for full-time admission consideration to most degree programs at Nipissing is at least 70% and may be higher. The cut-off average for some specific programs and/or majors is at least 75%, as noted below with some limited enrollment programs having an even higher cutoff average.
Failed and Repeated Courses
Nipissing will take the higher grade of any repeated course.
Timing and Process for Admission Decisions
Nipissing University begins to make admission offers in November, and continues to make offers as midterm/interim and final grades are received.
Admission averages are calculated using the best six 4U/M marks (midterm/interim and final), including required courses. Required courses must be at the 4U level. Some applicants may receive early offers based on exceptional Grade 11 results. All admission offers are conditional upon successfully completing the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and a minimum of six 4U/M courses, including required courses as specified, by the end of June. Offers are also conditional upon maintaining a minimum average (stated in an offer of admission) on final grades presented as of June 30, 2019.
Applications received by May 1 will be considered for admission and entrance scholarships equally.
Alternative Offers: If you do not meet the admission requirements or admission averages for the programs you apply to, you will automatically be considered for an alternative program that you qualify for.
If you do not meet the admission requirements or admission averages for the programs you apply to, you will automatically be considered for an alternative program for which you qualify.