University of Guelph
About the University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is regarded as one of Canada’s best comprehensive universities, recognized for the high quality of its teaching, research and outstanding facilities. Engaged in a wide variety of academic programs, Guelph's 20,000+ students thrive on the cutting edge of their fields.
The beautiful main campus of 412 hectares is approximately one hour’s drive west of Toronto and includes a 165-hectare arboretum and a 12-hectare Research Park.
- 22,446 students call our campus home
- over 5,000 students live in residence, the largest residence system in Ontario
- we offer 17 intramurals, 17 varsity teams, 22 sports clubs and more than 200 student clubs and organizations
- we are the Guelph Gryphons, our colours are red, gold and black
- more than 4,000 part-time jobs are available
- more than 110,000 alumni in 149 countries
- Over $125.3 million in research funding makes Guelph one of Canada’s most research-intensive universities.
- Our Centre for New Students, the first of its kind in Canada, helps students make a successful transition to university.
- Our outstanding library system with access to more than 7.5 million items.
- You can participate in one of 75 exchange opportunities in 36 countries; 6 different semester abroad opportunities.