University of Windsor
The University of Windsor is a student-focused, comprehensive university located next to North America's busiest border crossing on the scenic Detroit River. Windsor's location makes it the perfect spot for what is one of Canada's most important internationally oriented institutions.
UWindsor is a medium-sized university with over 200 undergraduate degree programs including professional programs in Law, Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, Human Kinetics and Social Work. You'll find an atmosphere that fosters close co-operation between students and faculty and an ongoing commitment to excellence.
UWindsor is a place where new innovative ways of teaching and learning are the norm, a place where research and creativity are helping our region and the country, and a place where we engage our capacity to address challenges related to the Great Lakes, borders, safe and healthy communities and sustainable manufacturing.
UWindsor is also one of only five Canadian universities ranked among the greenest in North America by the Princeton Review's Guide to 353 Green Colleges. The ranking is based on a healthy, sustainable quality of student life on campus, environmentally responsible school policies and how well students are being prepared for employment in an increasingly green economy.
Windsor is one of Canada's most ethnically diverse cities and has a population of about 218,000. The city is also the automotive capital of Canada and home of the Chrysler minivan, one of North America's most popular vehicles.
Close to UWindsor, you'll find major-league sports, big-name entertainment and scores of restaurants and outdoor cafes. Windsor is also Canada's southernmost city and has some of the country's best weather. There are an average of 2,261 sunshine hours a year.
Did you know?
- Students from marketing classes at the Odette School of Business have provided marketing, promotional and operational support for the Windsor International Film Festival, which offered 111 titles and 186 screenings over nine days last year.
- In 2015, the UWindsor Lancer Men's Track and Field and Women's Basketball teams both won CIS championships. For the men, it was their 20th title in school history, and for the women, it was their 5th straight national title.
- The university's Department of English Language, Literature and Creative Writing offers unique, hands-on practicum courses in professional editing, publishing, web-based writing and editing, scholarship, and writing about the arts.
- The Faculty of Law offers community-based work experience to students across a variety of focused areas of legal practice, often connected to social justice advocacy.
- Since 2010, students have been engaged as participants and facilitators of the University of Windsor Bystander Initiative which seeks to change norms among students and lower the incidence of sexual assault over the long term through systematic student engagement in culture change.